What is Firm Registration?
A firm registration is the process of registering a business. When you plan to start a business with others (Partners), you can register it as a Partnership Firm. The registration is done by the registrar of Firms.
Who needs Firm Registration?
When Individuals i.e. two or more in case of Partnership firm plan to do business together, under one business name. The Partnership Firm clearly outlines the number of partners, nature of business, share holding of each individual partner, responsibilities of each partner, management of business etc.,
Where can you apply for Firm Registration
At the nearest meeseva centre.
Documents required for application
- Application Form I
- Partnership Deed
- Partner Photos
- Aadhaar Cards of Partners
- Electricity Bill of Business/Office premise
- Rental Agreement if rented premises
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) for own premises
Fee and Time required to get the certificate
The fee is Rs.245/-. It takes around 7 days.
Things to consider when registering a firm
- It is always a good idea to have more than one business name for firm registration.
- It is recommended to check if your business name is available for registration.
- In this digital age, you should also check if the domain (Website) name is available with your business name.
- Partnership Structure and Managing partner to be decided beforehand.
- Bank/Account operations, Cheque signing authority to be decided i.e. Individual or both