Online Passport Application Process
Online Passport Application step by step
1. Online Passport Application Process for Indian Citizens. In order to apply for an Indian Passport, one needs to register at the website i.e. www.passportindia.gov.in
2. After registering on the website a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email id used while registering.
3. Check your email and click on the link mentioned in your email, to confirm your account registration.
4. After confirming the registration, your account will be activated. You will be then able to login and submit the online passport application.
5. Once you login into your account you can fill the online passport application. Application can also be filled offline. Offline application needs to be uploaded into the website.
Offline passport application can be downloaded from http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/downloadEFormStatic
6. If you are filling the offline passport application one needs to click save and validate button at the bottom of the passport application which will save the passport application with xml extension.
7. Upload the xml file. After uploading the file one can preview the passport with all details.
Note: If one finds any mistakes at this point they can click cancel and correct the mistakes in passport application. The corrected passport application is to be saved and xml file is to be uploaded.
8. Once the passport application is submitted further changes are not possible. Any further changes can be made only at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) during your appointment slot.
9. Once the online passport application or offline passport application is filled one will need to select a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) to book and confirm the appointment slot.
10. The fee can be paid online using Internet Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card.
Note : There are no additional charges if you use Internet Banking for fee payment. When one uses other banks Debit/Credit Cards there are applicable charges.
11. The fee can also be paid offline using the SBI Bank voucher.
Note : This method takes 2 to 3 working days to get updated.
12. After the payment confirmation, appointment receipt will be displayed with date and time of appointment along with Passport Seva Kendra Address.
13. Reach Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) 15 min before your appointment time with all documents.
14. Carry one set of original documents and 2 sets of photo copies of your documents.
Passport Application Key points to remember while filling your application
- Write your FirstName and Last Name as per your SSC/Aadhar/Government recognised ID.
- Write your Date of Birth as per your SSC/Aadhar/Government recognised ID.
- Write your address as per your Government recognised address proof.
- If you have stayed for less than one year at your current address, then mention old address as well.
- Write correct police station name for your address.