Birth Certificate Correction Telangana
If there are any mistakes in your birth certificate, you can get the mistakes corrected by birth certificate correction application.
Where Can I apply for correction in my Birth Certificate?
You can apply at the nearest meeseva centre.
What corrections are permitted in the Birth Certificate?
- Single alphabet corrections in Child Name or Parents Names.
- Initials from single letters to full surname.
- Missing part of name in Child or Parents name.
- Any other minor corrections backed by valid proofs
All corrections/changes to be backed with valid proofs.
What corrections are not permitted in the Birth Certificate?
- One cannot make complete change of First or Last name. Need valid proof.
What documents are required for Birth Certificate correction?
- Application Form
- Id Proofs with correct name and spelling
Time and Fee
The application fee is Rs.45/- and takes around 14 days.
You can check application status at ts.meeseva.gov.in
Things to remember
- Check for correct spellings while filling and submitting the application.
- In the affidavit indicates the change in name i.e., before and after
- Submit valid id proofs to get quick approval
- Submit more than one proof, atleast 3 id proofs (recommended)
- Application form and id proofs to be signed by gazetted officer
Leave a Reply